I would be interested in working in the business section. I like a lot of the idea's Lisa has for that section also so I think she would do a great job leading it. For my story in business I was thinking about doing something around the cost of food at restaurants, the home delivery service, Stop n' Shop versus Shop Rite and maybe something about the local farmers and how they sell their food.
For the title of our Web site. I personally really like using the word "alternative" I think it's an attention grabbing word. Currently people are sick of seeing the same thing in a bunch of different papers, Web site and TV stations. When a person sees the word alternative it would pique their interest. WE could do something like "Alternative Press, a unique look into the Hudson Valley"
I would like to see some of the sections condensed so that there are only about four or five. I think, given our small class size, more than four sections would be a stretch of our resources.
1. Business should combine with Jobs and become the Economy section.
2. Health Fitness, Sports and Transportation (in relation to bikes) should become the Fitness section or maybe Physical Activity Section
3. Spirituality/Religion, life and Art should combine to become the Cultural section.
4. Politics, crime and police should combine to become the Politics section
Each section could take one or two editors, a copy editor, two photographers, a layout person. I believe there are twenty people in our class so that would split evenly into four groups.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think this is a great way of cleaning up all of the ideas we came up with. I'm not sure if each section really needs two photographers or it would be better to have two people work on layout. I also agree with the less is more idea- and more topics could be combined into each section depending on what the section thinks is best.
Post a Comment